It’s been such long time but we’re back than ever and we’ve got a lot of stories to tell you 😀 So, as you see, we’ve been travelling and visiting places, far and near. Fi and I also got to meet up at some points, so we’ve been discussing on how we’re taking Nomad Bananas and *wink wink* there’s a surprise coming up this 2017!
So, sit tight and expect new things from us:
- New posts on Mondays and Thursdays every week.
With curated content and refined imagery, we’ll make sure that the reading experience will inspire you to travel and explore the world.
- Original content.
We’ve always featured original content in this site, but we’re crafting our way to providing premium content. Not only will it satisfy your eyes, but you’ll get to enjoy the whole experience.
Recently, we’ve been recording our trip and compiled it into a video. Expect our videos at the end of each series.
We’re bringing Nomad Bananas to something wearable 😀
We’ll see you with our curated content starting this Monday. Love you, guys! ❤
We recently got nominated for the Liebster Award 2016 😀 Yay! We got nominated by Miss Apple Abroad, a quirky character who blogs about her carefree travelling and amazing experiences. You should check out her blog and follow her!
We especially loved her post on her favorite books about mindfulness, because she’d experienced a major anxiety regarding life and work and that post helped her handle things.
The rules for the awards are:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own.
- Answers the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post.
Questions from her are:
- Is there a chance you regret never having taken in life? What was it?
F: Come to think of it, I could not think of one major chance or opportunity that I lost, but definitely many little ones.
S: There had been a lot of opportunities that I lost in life and I couldn’t help but regret the choices I made; BUT, giving up on those opportunities allowed me to take up other options, giving me a new perspective and teaching me new lessons. Regret? I sometimes still regret. But I chose to let those regrets go and just live life with the flow. Sometimes, chances thrown away open up new possibilities.
- Name three non-material items in life that you just couldn’t live without.
F: Family & friends (that means love too), knowledge, and appreciations.
S: Spirituality. Family (I consider my close friends my family). Happy-go-lucky attitude.
- What’s your secret talent?
F: Stalking. Definitely.
S: I’m an excellent stalker. Give me a name and I can give you even the smallest details like who their exes are 😉
- Is there anything in life you’re afraid of? What is it and why?
F: So much as it is a cliche to write, I am afraid of failures (LOL). I plan things ahead and just couldn’t take it if my plan messed up. Though I am not on the extreme level yet, hopefully never. I still want to be able to think spontaneously haha.
S: Snakes, worms, caterpillars… basically those; they frighten me and disgust me for no reason. I also fear the supernatural, because it’s a whole other dimension that I believe to exist and not knowing what’s in that dimension is what scares me.
- What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten whilst traveling?
F: Never eaten anything strange, good or bad. huh. Am I that boring?
S: Tarta de Belem in Portugal. I’d never tasted an egg pie and I was blown away at how delicious it actually was.
- Have you ever been in a scary situation whilst on the road? How did you get out of it?
F: Well, not literally on the road, but it was on a plane. There was a really hard and scary turbulence on my back to Singapore from Phuket. There was no explanation behind the turbulence but it was like that moment where you have all the scariest thoughts.
S: The driver of the minibus I was travelling in was kind of sleepy and it felt like I was the only passenger who noticed. He kept going off course, changing speeds drastically and randomly, and almost hit the side road at one point. So I kept coughing loudly throughout the journey, waking the driver as I coughed.
- What’s your dream destination and why?
F: Turkey, Cappadocia. I would like to ride the hot air balloon. Also the Norway for the Northern Lights.
S: Mongolia. It’s so mysterious it makes me want to go there. I also want to experience sleeping under the aurora lights in Scandinavia!
- If you could have a secret power, what would it be?
F: Mind reading OR be like Vision from Marvel
S: Tele-transportation. Being a last minute person, this secret power will be advantageous for me.
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
F: Shopping (of anything) when I am that close to go broke. With the “I am a little more to go broke, let’s make it broke anyway” kind of thought. I know.. I know…
S: Korean dramas. They sometimes get too cheesy but still so good to watch hahaha!
- Who do you have a, “life crush”, on, i.e is there anybody out there doing amazing, inspiring things that you’d like to get to know better?
F: One of my ex manager. She’s so kind , helpful, and inspiring. Too kind that I am amazed that there are still people like that in this world. Inspired me to want to do the same to others. 🙂
S: There was this girl in high school that I didn’t know. She was a volleyball player and she had my ideal type of body, so I was basically working out to get her body. She also seemed to be quite and calm, yet so cool, so she became my muse and inspiration for the main character of a fantasy novel I’m writing.
- What do you do to shake up your routine when you get bored?
F: Shopping heals boredom! Not the wallet though.. And travel 🙂
S: I watch a movie or go to a nearby cafe and just chill. Chilling out might sound boring, but it’s also a way to spice things up in your brain.
And here are our questions for you 😉
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grow up? Did you achieve that dream?
- Would you rather travel with an itinerary (planned trip) or spontaneously?
- What was the best local food you’ve ever tried while travelling?
- If you could choose a different field of study/work (aside from your current doings), what are they and why?
- Hotel or hostel? And why?
- Beach, city area, or mountain? And why?
- Do you like to interact with the locals while travelling? Why, and what do you talk about?
- Speaking or listening?
- Have you ever visited a place just because you saw it in a book/series/animation/movie? What was that place?
- What is the first thing you do, when you are lost in a dark, scary jungle?
- Do you like bananas?
That’s all, folks!